Lufthansa Business Lounge – Munich Airport (Satellite-Terminal)
In March 2017 I had the great pleasure of my first Business Class flight – on my trip to Prague.
Due to the Lufthansa myOffer function, I had the opportunity to give my own offer for an upgrade – and I was lucky! 🙂
So what exactly is included on a short-haul flight in Lufthansa Business Class?
Here are the 10 most important benefits:
- Free seat reservation during the booking process.
- Separate Check-In counters at the airport with less people standing in line than at the Economy counters (when I checked in, no one was standing in line!).
- Much more free luggage – 2 checked bags with 32 kilo each + 2 carry-on bags with 8 kilos each (In comparison: Economy allows one luggage with 23 kilos and one hand luggage).
- Separate security fast lane, which means that this procedure is much faster (and in my opinion more friendly and more quiet) then it is usually done at the Economy ones.
- Priority boarding – a Business Class guest is the first who can enter the plane and I had enough time to store my hand luggage and take my seat.
- An empty middle seat is probably one of the most significant advantages in the plane.
- Delicious food on porcelain and glasses
- Due to the Priority-tag, the suitcase is the first at the baggage claim.
- More mileages for the Miles-and-More account (in my case 750 bonus and status miles instead of 125 in Economy Class).
- Free access to the Lufthansa Business Lounge – check out the following review:
The details of the Business Lounge:
The entrance is designed with the Lufthansa-typical yellow brand colour, so you definitely can´t miss it.
Behind the door, there is a small reception and I had to show my boarding pass and the passport. So I could have left the lounge as often as I want. But why should I… 😉
Behind the entrance, there is the working area.
You have the opportunity to work in peace in a decent and elegant atmosphere or recharge your electronic devices.
All this can also be done on beach chairs.
Especially positive to mention is that the entire lounge was very quiet, no announcements disturbed the relaxation in the lounge and I could relax very well.
In the back of the Business Lounge, there is the buffet of tempting delicacies.
Whether fresh fruits, biscuits or coffee…
… all kind of beverages…
… different salt crackers, gummy bears and beer to self-tapping…
… salads, cakes, white Sausages or fresh soups – I´ve tasted through almost everything and can confirm that it tastes at least as good as it looks!
All kind of drinks (including some spirits, white and red wine) and food are free of charge and self service.
Of course, the service staff also takes care of all wishes, but otherwise they work subtly in the background – very pleasant!
The red wine was very tasty, as well – especially if you can enjoy it quietly on the bench chairs.
The extremely clean toilet area is in the same noble style as the entire lounge and next door there is even the possibility to take a shower, which I didn´t use.
After a last look at the timetable…
… I took my seat in the first raw of Air Dolomiti Embraer 195.
Because of the Priority Boarding I was the first to enter the plane.
Click here for a separate review of the flight to Prague.
Finally, visiting the Lufthansa Business Lounge is extremely high recommended.
In addition to the delicious buffet and the various possibilities to relax before the trip, I enjoyed the calm atmosphere which prevails throughout the lounge. Neither announcements, nor disturbing loud phone calls were hearable in the lounge and I couldn’t imagine a better place at the airport to spend the time before the departure.
As soon as I return to Business Class, I will visit the lounge at least 2 hours before departure to get some rest and enjoy the delicious food! 🙂