DIESER ARTIKEL IST AUCH AUF DEUTSCH VERFÜGBAR
Lufthansa LH 115 + LH 892 / Munich – Frankfurt – Riga (Business Class)
Lufthansa LH 891 + LH 114 / Riga – Frankfurt – Munich
For my trip to the Latvian capital city I decided for a Lufthansa flight via Frankfurt to Riga.
After I´ve flown to Prague in March 2017 in the Lufthansa Business Class, I was absolutely sure to repeat this extremely positive experience again. So I booked the outward flight to Riga in Business Class.
Unfortunately my actually booked flight was canceled due to technical problems, so my journey started one day later. One further day of anticipation for the upcoming trip 🙂
Munich – Frankfurt (Business Class)
The 45-minutes flight to Frankfurt was operated by Lufthansa with an Airbus A321.
As on my previous flights to Fuerteventura or Lisbon, the A321 conviced my once again with ist spacious interior and pleasant flight behavior.
So what exactly is included on a short-haul flight in Lufthansa Business Class?
Here are the 10 most important benefits:
- Free seat reservation during the booking process.
- Separate Check-In counters at the airport with less people standing in line than at the Economy counters (when I checked in, no one was standing in line!).
- Much more free luggage – 2 checked bags with 32 kilo each + 2 carry-on bags with 8 kilos each (In comparison: Economy allows one luggage with 23 kilos and one hand luggage).
- Separate security fast lane, which means that this procedure is much faster (and in my opinion more friendly and more quiet) then it is usually done at the Economy ones.
- Free access to the Lufthansa Business Lounge – click here for a separate review about the lounge.
- Priority boarding – a Business Class guest is the first who can enter the plane and I had enough time to store my hand luggage and take my seat.
- An empty middle seat is probably one of the most significant advantages in the plane.
- Delicious food on porcelain and glasses
- Due to the Priority-tag, the suitcase is the first at the baggage claim.
- More mileages for the Miles-and-More account (in my case 1250 bonus and status miles).
Frankfurt – Riga
The 2-hour connecting flight from Frankfurt to Riga was also operated by Lufthansa in an Airbus A320.
As a Business Class passenger I had access to the Business Lounge at Frankfurt Airport.
So I was able to relax during the two-hour stay and enjoyed some delicacies from the various buffet.
The flight itself was very quiet and the board service was absolutely exemplary – the Purser noticed, for example, that I ate a prezel with butter. Therefore he smiled and gave me another hot prezel with fresh butter with a smile on his lips – great! In general, you don´t have to be hungry for a moment in Business Class – both the portion size and the quality are very good. Various spirits, wines and soft drinks could be reordered at any time and were served in real glasses instead of plastic cups in economy class.
Riga – Frankfurt – Munich
Both return flights were operated by Lufthansa in an Airbus A321.
As the board Service as the flights were very good and quiet; Some chilled Sandwiches were distributed.